Current Opening – The Cannon Community Lead
Anticipated Start Date – March 2020
About The Cannon
The Cannon builds and operates curated entrepreneurial and small business communities to create the best place to launch, build, and operate a business. Our communities currently include over 300 companies in nearly 130,000 square feet of space across multiple sites, including our flagship location on Interstate 10 and Beltway 8. We are in the process of expanding to new locations and are actively hiring Community Leads to maintain and strengthen member relationships, oversee the day-to-day operations of our sites, and assist in acquiring new members.
Responsibilities: Community Leads are the foundation of The Cannon and are vital to our future success. Charged with fostering a vibrant atmosphere where members can work and socialize productively, Community Leads are responsible for proactively engaging members, rapidly responding to and resolving issues, taking care of the physical space, and setting the overall tone for the community. They are the first people current members see when they walk in and the first people prospective members meet when they tour. They know members by first name and have a persistently positive and outgoing attitude in all situations. They take a sense of ownership over the community, ensuring a clean and organized environment and an inclusive and value-creating experience.
About You + Your Skills
- A four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- An outgoing, engaging, curious, and customer service-oriented attitude.
- Proven ability to work in a highly autonomous environment with minimal daily supervision.
- A familiarity with startup incubators, accelerators, innovation hubs, co-working spaces, and related platforms.
- You are passionate about Houston and want to join The Cannon’s “Community First” mission of supporting Houston’s startups, entrepreneurs and small businesses and improving Houston’s startup ecosystem.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator, and are comfortable working with everyone from our vendors to CEO’s and senior team members of large, global corporations.
- You are outgoing, comfortable giving tours, attending networking events, and furthering T Save he Cannon’s mission across the city of Houston.
- You are a self-starter and eager to take over a new challenge.
- You are process oriented, comfortable establishing and tracking and managing goals.
- You are available to work occasionally on nights and weekends as needed.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Execeptional personal health, dental, and vision insurance thanks to our partners at Insperity
- Coworking membership at all Cannon locations
- Exciting happy hours and events to grow your own business network
Who You’ll Work With
- Brad True, Managing Director
- Haley Beggins, Community Manager, The Cannon Tower
- Caroline Stewart, Director of Community Management
What You’ll Get to Do
Community Relations and Programming
- Fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment characterized by hospitality-class customer service and assisting members in a friendly, patient, and professional manner.
- Managing member expectations and clearly explaining the benefits and offerings of the broader Cannon community.
- Collaborating with other Cannon teams to staff and implement scheduled events and activities.
- Understanding community needs to proactively ideate, plan, and execute community events, initiatives, programs, and activities.
- Ensuring members are aware of Cannon events and offerings across all locations.
- Facilitating introductions and connections between members as appropriate to produce valuable relationships.
- Responding to and resolving member-related issues and conflicts to ensure a cohesive, inclusive community.
Community Development and Marketing
- Maintaining a calendar of events and opportunities for members, ensuring offerings are posted online and on-site.
- Creating and submitting content for The Cannon’s social media platforms, including images and videos.
- Assisting The Cannon’s member acquisition staff in creating a large and diverse prospective member pipeline through organic prospecting and outreach.
- Documenting leads in The Cannon’s CRM.
- Booking and leading scheduled and ad hoc tours of the space, communicating all the benefits of membership.
- Collaborating with other Cannon staff to form and maintain relationships with partners, sponsors, and vendors
- Arriving no later than 8:00 AM every weekday to inspect the space and ensure that all areas are prepared for the work day, based on the standards and checklist set by the Managing Director.
- Staffing the front desk, greeting all members when they arrive and consistently keeping a working knowledge of member companies’ goals and objectives.
- Ensuring a clean and organized environment all times of the day, including replacing supplies, rearranging chairs, making coffee, loading and unloading dishwashers—and creating an atmosphere where all members feel empowered to participate in keeping the space clean.
- Supervising all move-ins and move-outs, including onboarding, security, IT training, etc.
- Working select nights and weekends as necessary for scheduled events and member-related issues.
- Collaborating with the broader Cannon team and supporting operations at other Cannon locations in the Greater Houston Area on occasion.
- Managing local vendor relationships as necessary, monitoring inventory and staying ahead of potential supply needs.
Additional Fun Stuff (Other Duties as Assigned)
- Brainstorm, present and potentially execute new ideas across any of our business platforms.
- Manage and execute internal and external events inside our various event spaces.
- Enjoy a fun quality of life with other positive, hard-working team members and Cannon community members
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “The Cannon Downtown – Community Lead” in the title by Friday, February 14 .