Our Startup Innovation Scholarship brought to you by Insperity has Awarded a Winner! Congratulations to ConnectPro
The Cannon and Insperity launched the Startup Innovation Scholarship for the third year in a row on April 17, 2020. This year, The Cannon and Insperity asked startups to describe how they amplified, if not built, company culture as a result of being faced with the implications of COVID-19. Key questions applicants were asked to consider include:
- How do your employees talk about your company?
- How do you want your team to feel when they logon?
- How are you practicing compassion and empathy with your employees, and ensuring that despite the unknowns of tomorrow, your team feels like they are still a priority?
With applications from dozens of startups, The Cannon and Insperity selected 5 Finalists who presented virtual presentations as summarized below:
- Freelancing Teams: FreelancingTeams is a marketplace platform that brings freelancers with diverse talent together in small, specialized teams and connects directly with the businesses and individuals to complete projects. In short, it’s Uber for teams & talent.
- ConnectPro: Armed with 20 years of human resource experience, we offer human resource consultation and communication solutions that foster company-wide collaboration to improve productivity and employee engagement.
- Petrovisor: Petrovisor provides knowledge automation to the Oil & Gas upstream market, specifically around reservoir optimization. We provide a no code low code platform to the industry with proven domain solutions.
- Atlas Glinn: At Atlas Glinn, our core mission is to create opportunities for others to succeed. Our goal is to be the best Security Agents, PPO’s and Investigators working for the best clients. The passion and excellence we bring to every security situation. We offer a full service, integrated approach that combines protection, training, consulting and investigations. Delivered by the best in the business, we have an offering to fit your needs.
- Hamper: Hamper is dry cleaning and laundry reinvented. We’re setting out to make laundry day something to look forward to by offering convenient, affordable, high-quality garment care that comes with the best customer service ever experienced!
After a week of deliberation, we awarded one culture-conscious startup, ConnectPro, with the Startup Innovation Scholarship. The scholarship includes dedicated workspace, 1-on-1 meetings with Insperity guidance advisors, access to all Startup Programming provided by The Cannon, access to The Cannon’s Advisor Network, access to all Events at The Cannon, and an opportunity to pitch to The Cannon’s Investor Network.
ConnectPro’s mission is to teach leaders to collaborate and streamline company-wide communication to gain transparency and trust within their organizations. ConnectPro offers an all-in-one enterprise solution to small and mid-size businesses (SMB) through project management, communication solutions, training, and reporting, all housed within one centralized platform. ConnectPro’s core values include:
- Teamwork: Working together to achieve a common goal
- Innovation: Creating a new way of thinking
- Trust: Belief in one’s ability
- Integrity: Moral uprightness
- Accountability: Do what you say, put the excuses away
- Collaboration: Connect and grow
- Transparency: Honesty and openness
We welcome Co-Founders Hope Malveaux and Miracle Semien to The Cannon community, and we look forward to all of the innovative ideas that will be generated at their dedicated workspace!
About The Cannon
The Cannon is an online entrepreneurial hub complete with physical workspace destinations currently around Houston, Texas. Home to hundreds of America’s most accomplished entrepreneurs, startups and small businesses, investors, advisors and innovators, The Cannon Community is surrounded by resources and access to help businesses grow.
Insperity, a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 34 years, provides an array of human resources and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. Insperity® Business Performance Advisors offer the most comprehensive suite of products and services available in the marketplace. Insperity delivers administrative relief, better benefits, reduced liabilities and a systematic way to improve productivity through its premier Workforce Optimization® solution. Additional company offerings include Traditional Payroll and Human Capital Management, Time and Attendance, Performance Management, Organizational Planning, Recruiting Services, Employment Screening, Expense Management, Retirement Services and Insurance Services. Insperity business performance solutions support more than 100,000 businesses with over 2 million employees. With 2019 revenues of $4.3 billion, Insperity operates in 83 offices throughout the United States. For more information, visit http://www.insperity.com.
If you would like more information about The Cannon, please contact Brad True, Managing Director of The Cannon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-332-1299.